Join the festivities!
Save the date: Saturday, September 17 · 11:00am - 5:00pm
Location: East 9th St between 1st Ave and Ave A, East Village, Manhattan, New York, NY
Time: 11 am to 5 pm, no rain date.
• We have plenty of live music all day long!
• Resident artists, crafts people, and photographers will be showing and selling their work.
• Residents sell "stoop sale style" antiques, bric-a-brac, clothing, accessories, jewelry, records and more.
• Local businesses offer wares for sale, and last but not least:
• A raffle with gifts, discounts, and coupons from businesses on our block (list below)!
But there is so much more to see, come and join us one of the most pretty blocks in the neighborhood just west of Tompkins Square Park in the heart of the East Village.
What I Will Do Here
I will have a table there, too - with a new selection of my photography with an emphasis on New York, including
• panoramic pictures,
• little planets.
• The first time I will offer some unique time pieces: little planet wall clocks of different sizes!
• I take orders for prints from the series "Guess Where in New York".
• I also take orders for my book "Guess Where in New York"
How To Get There
• L at First Avenue: Walk five short blocks down and turn left at P.S.122!
• 6 at Astor Place/Cooper Union: walk 3 blocks east and 1 north
• F at Second Avenue: walk nine short blocks up 1st Ave from Houston St
• N/R at 8th Street/NYU: walk 4 blocks east and 1 north
• M14 A stops on 1st Ave at 9th St
• M15 north stops on 1st Aver at St. Marks Place/9th St
• M 15 south stops at 2nd Ave at St. Marks Place/9th St
Who's Playing Music
12 – 12.30 pm: BIRD LOVE - Indie / Post Punk / Rock
12.40 – 1.10 pm: TIE DOMI - Indie / Punk / Rock
1.20 – 1.50 pm: PRIMATIVA in Hi-Fi - DJs Jack Fetterman & Gina of the Jungle – “Electrolounge, Bossa Nova, Nova Bossa and similarly sultry soundtracks”
2 – 2.30 pm: SERENA SOUTHAM - Country rock singer-songwriter
2.40 – 3.10 pm: STAR '69 - Grateful Dead Tribute Band
3.20 – 4 pm; CRACKED LATIN - Hybrid psychedelic latin salsa band
Who's In Business Here
Block businesses include (but are not limited to):
• All kinds of businesses
- Autumn Skateboards
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Cloak & Dagger boutique
- Dorian Grey Gallery
- Dusty Buttons vintage boutique
- Enchantments (witchcraft)
- Flower Power (herbs)
- M Sonii (boutique)
- Ollie's Place (cat adoption)
- Pink Olive (gifts)
- Polytima (jewelry)
- Pork Pie Hatters (hatter)
- Puppy Love Kitty Kat (organic pet supplies)
- Tae with Jane (boutique)
- The Upper Rust (antiques)
• Hair Salons / Barbers
- Lovemore & Do,
- Maria Mok Salon
- Neighborhood Barber
- Ueno Salon
• Restaurants, Food & Drinks
- Dirt Candy: awarded vegetarian restaurant
- Good Beer, the artisanal beer shop with more than 400 beers
- I Coppi: Tuscan cuisine
- Itzocan: Mexican cuisine
- Kajitsu: Shojin cuisine, an ancient Japanese cuisine developed in Zen Buddhist monasteries.
- Whitman's: American Slow food & drink, done right.
- Zucker Bakery: The newest kid on the block!
Poster design by: F+N